Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Jardin Metalique

wow was this throw down a challenge for our team-we had two of our EDT members who were doing the throw down drop out for personal reasons which left poor Julia who is juggling school, work and family....I recruited Monique while still thinking one of the ladies would be doing her project and ended up having to take over at the last minute.


Originally we were doing projects that had a metal garden theme-I envisioned a candle platform that would hold one of those large jar candles.




My project is entirely made out of chipboard-atc cards and 4 x 4 cuts layered with chip die cuts-I glued it together with glue dots, a heavy duty glue stick and foam tape and was amazed when it actually held that heavy candle for the photos.


When I had the piece together I base coated it with DECO ART Metallic Silver and Pewter in a streaky mix-I allowed this to dry overnight-then I did a stipple on heavy layer of Americana Soft Black, Burnt Sienna, Georgia Clay and Red Iron Oxide blending the paint as I stippled for a rust effect-For highlights I used a fan brush and hit the high spots with a soft dry brush layer.


Again once this had dried I decided to go glitzy with a fan brush layer using Craft Twinkles in Orange and Copper-I made a chipboard stamp of a curly-q and stamped the center of the flowers with soft black.


It was fairly fast and fun and something I will return to in the future-constructing with chipboard and layering with the die cuts offers lots of possibilities for creativity-wait till you see Monique and Julias projects-WOW=there are links to their blogs on the right+++++++++++>


PLEASE be sure you look at all the projects and then when you vote-vote for the team that deserves your vote and NOT just for your friends...its an art contest and not a popularity contest-when you see the wonderful creative projects people do they deserve your consideration.




VOTE HERE:
http://www.designteamthrowdown.blogspot.com/



Thanks for visiting and Happy Crafting!!!

10 comments:

  1. awesome candle stand love the metal look

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous candle holder Rick. Love the paint effects, really does look like metal xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome candle stand, Rick! I love your faux metal and rust effects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoWza - FANTASTIC - that really looks meta and I just LUV this. :-) Sorry you had some Team troubles there !!
    Gorgeous project :-)


    ReplyDelete
  5. Great save, Rick! Fabulous design and your faux rust and metal techniques ROCK! Best of luck in the challenge. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool project! You've made the chipboard really look like metal.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaa, fairly fast! Fairly fast to me is 3 hours and that's pushing it. Love that you have the patience to make this wonderful wonderful piece. So what kind of glue dots were you using? Mine would be covered in sticky strip and Crystal Effects! Gorgeous holder and so glad you had a project this round. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used mini glue dots-clear-I also used an elmers super hold glue stick and foam mounting tape-the entire piece was assembled and then I base coated it with the silver and pewter mix so any peek a boo glue was covered up and that layers was followed by the rust layers
      Thanks for asking

      Delete
  8. Fantastic! Great to see you playing along this time Rick and I love how your piece turned out x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...